State and Local Fiscal Conditions Improve, But Not Everywhere
In the past few years, the fiscal conditions of state and local governments have stabilized, but improvements have been uneven. A new fact sheet “State and Local Fiscal Facts: 2017” examines the status of state and local finances, municipal bonds, and state and local pensions.
The Next Generation of Leaders
New “Profile in Public Service”
SLGE’s “Profiles in Public Service” features Dan Weinheimer, Deputy County Manager of Routt County, Colorado, for his dedication to mentoring the next generation of local government leaders.
March SLGE Presentations
- “The Talent Management Imperative for Public Service Organizations,” on March 18th at 12:30p at the ASPA 2017 Annual Conference in Atlanta, GA
- “The Local Government Workforce of the Future,” on March 24th at 9:00am at the Georgia City-County Management Association Spring Conference in Athens, GA
SLGE in the News
- ICMA highlights SLGE’s 2017 Trends to Watch in State and Local Government in its story of recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Comstock’s highlights SLGE’s annual workforce trends survey in its story on how the City of Roseville, CA is preparing for the oncoming “silver tsunami.”
- The Scranton Times Tribune cites SLGE’s annual pension funding study in its editorial on the underfunding of Pennsylvania’s pension systems.