Quick Facts on Local and State Government Employment
Key data points on local and state government employment and compensation from an analysis of U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) data sets. (11/15)
- Joshua Franzel
- Publication date:
- Filed under:
- Fact Sheets
- Key findings:
- All state government employment grew by about 33,000;
- Non-education state government employment shrunk by about 11,400;
- All local government employment grew by 17,000; and
- Non-education local government employment grew by about 25,800 between August 2014 and July 2015.
- Download publication:
- Quick Facts on Local and State Government Employment
In the November 2015 issue of PM Magazine, SLGE’s Vice President of Research Joshua Franzel provides key data points on how the status of local and state government employment changed during the past year, mid-2014 to mid-2015.