2017 Data Now Available in Public Plans Database (PPD)
The PPD, a unique repository of data on state and local pensions, has added:
- 10 new local plans to the existing sample of 170 state and local plans; and
- 2017 data for over 100 variables.
To access these data, the PPD offers a wide variety of features:
- “quick-fact” pages with key data at the national, state, and plan levels;
- an enhanced interactive data browser for customized searches;
- a full-scale downloadable dataset for researchers; and
- downloadable financial reports and actuarial valuations.
Come visit the site today.
The PPD is produced by the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College in partnership with the Center for State and Local Government Excellence and the National Association of Retirement Administrators.
Staff Sharing Webinar
SLGE staff and representatives from the Center for Sharing Public Health Services hosted a webinar on Thursday, July 19 at 1 PM ET to discuss both their case study research on cross-jurisdictional staff sharing arrangements and current work on an implementation checklist local government managers can use as they explore such arrangements in their own organizations, in public health services or beyond. Click here to view a recording.
Technology Workforce Research
Every field has a slightly different perspective on workforce issues, and this month, SLGE partnered with the National Association of State Personnel Executives (NASPE) to present IT-related workforce data to the National Association of State Chief Information Officers on Tuesday, July 24, 3 PM ET. Click here to view a recording.
SLGE in the News